Pulled up solder pad and trace on jp4!!

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I have that problem all the time when working on old Soviet gear. Some of those PCBs are just crap.

Do you still have the solder pad? I usually start by trying to glue them to the board if it's a long trace or if the pad is gone. Or bend the lead to keep the trace in place. If the solder pad is gone, you'll need some extra wire length to reach the trace. Also check if you need a connection on the other side of the board, maybe you'll have to solder the wire from two sides. Using a magnifying glass will help. Basically you try by any means to replace the connection between the wire and the trace on the board in such a way that it can't move.

And if you use glue before soldering, ventilate!!
  • That's what I was thinking. I sadly have no idea where the solder pad went to. I'm not sure if it's possible to connect a lead to the trace because there is so little copper showing. Maybe I should follow the trace and run a wire straight there?
  • Looks like you lifted the trace and the pad is still there. You can either run a jumper to where ever that connects to or (what I would do), scrape off the solder mask from the lifted trace and solder a jumper wire back to the pad, use flux and work quick