MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Discuss Nava construction and related issues

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby KlangGenerator » Feb 19th, '18, 14:14

The IC side that has a 45° angle must match the red lines of the MUX_SH board image you can find here (picture 6 from the top): ;)

http://www.e-licktronic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1549
User avatar
KlangGenerator
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Aug 8th, '16, 16:36

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby Dr.Knob » Feb 19th, '18, 14:29

Thanks. I come to see with a huge magnifying glass! Fucking smt IC!
Dr.Knob
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Jan 19th, '14, 15:05

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby aabbcc » Feb 23rd, '18, 12:02

heapish wrote:Can this be added to a v1.01a board while building, instead of modifying afterwards? That way nothing needs desoldering?


Wondering this as well!

Also if I buy a the kit from the elicktronics webshop is the mux_sh board presoldered or do I need the bom for this to the official Nava bom when ordering from mouser?
aabbcc
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Feb 23rd, '18, 10:02

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby KlangGenerator » Feb 23rd, '18, 13:58

aabbcc wrote:
heapish wrote:Can this be added to a v1.01a board while building, instead of modifying afterwards? That way nothing needs desoldering?


Wondering this as well!

Also if I buy a the kit from the elicktronics webshop is the mux_sh board presoldered or do I need the bom for this to the official Nava bom when ordering from mouser?


Sure, makes sense to build everything right away like it should be, rather than having to desolder components later. This doesn't really make sense... Leave out the caps mentioned in the tutorial, solder in the mux boards and you are ready to go.

The kit comes with the blank mux boards. The Nava BOM contains all additional parts you need to build the two extra boards. But very important for v1.01 owners: you will need a TL074 for IC110 instead of a TL072. So you can delete the TL072 from the BOM and add this one here:

https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/595-TL074CN?r=595-TL074CN

Good luck! ;)
User avatar
KlangGenerator
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Aug 8th, '16, 16:36

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby tekno808 » Apr 4th, '18, 14:34

Hi,

I bought a not finished NAVA 1.0l kit from a friend , i also have the order # but the e-licktronic FREE Mux SH board list is closed ....

Can i still get the e-licktronic FREE Mux SH board ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQKflU ... sp=sharing

Grtzzzz, Danny
User avatar
tekno808
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 31st, '15, 00:57
Location: Belgium

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby Behaviour » Apr 8th, '18, 15:18

Hi,

I'm about to start the MUX mod but realised I need the header pins for J15 to connect the female jumper wire. I don't have the pins can anyone send me a link to mouser for the correct ones to use or tell me what I need, please?

For some reason, I don't have them from the original build.

Thanks in advance

Doug
Behaviour
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 7th, '17, 19:11

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby emerse » Apr 15th, '18, 06:04

Behaviour wrote:Hi,

I'm about to start the MUX mod but realised I need the header pins for J15 to connect the female jumper wire. I don't have the pins can anyone send me a link to mouser for the correct ones to use or tell me what I need, please?

For some reason, I don't have them from the original build.

Thanks in advance

Doug


this is the double row straight 6 position header for connecting the left mux board to the main board:

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amp ... wzDw%3d%3d

this is the single row right angle 3 position header for the mux boards:

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Amp ... vMZA%3d%3d

i have had issues with the wire in arduino jumpers breaking if you solder them directly to the pcbs, i would suggest getting a couple more 3 position right angle headers & using the female to female jumpers intact for the mux boards connections.
emerse
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 6th, '17, 02:33

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby emerse » Apr 15th, '18, 06:12

does anyone have the mux boards working on a Nava v1.02 running firmware v1.025?

built & installed mine, but they have killed my hh, crash & ride :shock:
emerse
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 6th, '17, 02:33

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby serum114 » Apr 15th, '18, 08:56

emerse wrote:does anyone have the mux boards working on a Nava v1.02 running firmware v1.025?

built & installed mine, but they have killed my hh, crash & ride :shock:


Yes, i have working mux on a 1.2. Maybe try swapping ic111 and ic114 and see if you get better results.
serum114
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Mar 6th, '17, 18:18

Re: MUX_SH board mod tutorial

Postby emerse » Apr 15th, '18, 13:17

serum114 wrote:
emerse wrote:does anyone have the mux boards working on a Nava v1.02 running firmware v1.025?

built & installed mine, but they have killed my hh, crash & ride :shock:


Yes, i have working mux on a 1.2. Maybe try swapping ic111 and ic114 and see if you get better results.


hey serum,

how many mux boards did you build in the end? did you get your original pair working?
emerse
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 6th, '17, 02:33

PreviousNext

Return to Nava Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests