best Electric wire for the NAVA Kit?

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I always have a stock of rainbow ribbon cables (flat cables) for all sort of wiring.
    2-3 meters of 40wire cable lasts for at least 4-5 synths :lol: :lol: :lol:

AWG24 for standard connections
    AWG18...AWG20 for power connections

For connection to and from Mixer Section take a 3.5mm stereo audio cable and cut in 2 fitting pieces.

• Thanks a lot Galaxy 3000!
  • Hey Galaxy3000,

Could you advise where you purchase the ribbon cable in 22 AWG and 18 AWG? I can only find rainbow flat cable in 28 AWG and i am guessing this is too thin for this project?

Thanks

Demos
  • From an earlier post:
    jeroenbvo wrote:For the power wires I re-used the wiring of an ATX power supply out of an old PC. The black/red/yellow/orange one

For the other connections I purchased this online: http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/0685 ... ggest=true
  • Thanks for the advice. I have gone for 18awg for power and got that pack you listed for the rest of wiring
  • why does the Mouser BOM only contain 28AWG wire? Is 28 too thin to use?
  • The mouser BOM does not include the cable for connecting the io board to the main pcb. It only has the connectors.
  • m4d wrote:The mouser BOM does not include the cable for connecting the io board to the main pcb. It only has the connectors.
    my bad. I was looking at the dupont style cables, but I've since realised they're for the mux board