Hand Clap Sound problem

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear 4teenth,

Yes it will be correct. You can follow on-line instruction to built the Clap.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • My clap has to much reverb, any idea ?
    Before the clap starts i hear a empty reverb.

here you can hear it:

https://soundcloud.com/patrickj-ricke/y ... first-test
  • Patrick, It sounds like you need to adjust your handclap trimmer. Try dialing it down.
  • effegee wrote:Patrick, It sounds like you need to adjust your handclap trimmer. Try dialing it down.
    have tried to trim this before i posted my issue.
    by trim down: the clap goes to a empty reverb ..
    by trim to right: the clap opens and goes to a loud noise

have tried in noise section to change the resistor value by using a addional 100K trimmer to get 130mV.. no luck.
    is it possible to have a defective µPC4558C or BA6110 ?
    have checked the voltages on all IC´s, haved checked too the resistor values, capaciator values and orientation of trannys and diodes, - all fine.
    solderpoints ok, no bridges or others...
    (i have build many modular modules and other big projects, my solder experience is very good)
  • Dear Patrick,

Test this point with an oscilloscope
    Post the result that you find

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Patrick,

Test this point with an oscilloscope
    Post the result that you find

Best regards,
    e-licktronic

measurement seems okay on my DSO.

have created a new audio demo:
    http://soundcloud.com/patrickj-ricke/yo ... clap-issue
    you can hear in the first seconds the clap with a reverb before the clap starts.
    after few seconds i begin to trim TM3 from left to right.
  • HI Check Mate,

i can't seem to PM you for some reason.

But...........

have not got it fixed yet. I am afraid to now break it. I think there needs to be that 27N cap not 2N7. Try a higher value here perhaps 56NF.

But yeah, too fast and no body. I have used bc549 and BC559 but i don't think that will be the problem.

Also, and i have yet to try this, there is a 27k that feeds down from the trigger input. Try 22k at this point. Let me know if this works???I think t may!!!!

Michael
  • Hi All,
    I just wanted to let you know that all is fine now! " Resistors in the Handclap sections were wrong and after we found them and exchanged them with the correct ones the Handclap sounds as it should.
    So if you do everything as in the building instructions on the E-Lictronic page you will be fine!
    THe only thing we encountered is that the pitch of the Cowbell on my Yocto is lower than in the demo even with the resistors in the Cymbal section changed but ith is not a bad thing.

@Muffy:
    Yes the capacitor has to have 27nF!!! 2.7 is definately wrong!
  • we found this wrong resitsors:
    R383 was 2,2K replaced with correct value of 82K
    R378 was 100R, replaced with correct value 100K

but in oscilloscope measurement the values was correct,
    have looked 2times to find the wrong resistor values, maybe its better to get a partkit with single labeled bags for each resistor value.