Nava Schematic Errors [SOLVED ON V1.01]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • I asked a friend of mine who recently finished his nava to check the mid tom and he also has the same problem too :D
  • i have a trouble with some env5 and perhaps env3 and env2 ( with my SD and i wanted to know if the error that you describe for SD (Q43, Q46, Q49 Mixed Collectors and Emitters) could the cause ?
    With my oscillo the 3 env is not the same as hte PCB pictures
  • zephyrin wrote:i have a trouble with some env5 and perhaps env3 and env2 ( with my SD and i wanted to know if the error that you describe for SD (Q43, Q46, Q49 Mixed Collectors and Emitters) could the cause ?
    With my oscillo the 3 env is not the same as hte PCB pictures
    I think best way for us it wait 15 08
  • Dear Diyer,

Q43, Q46 and Q49 are in the wrong way. This is a mistake. When we designed Nava SD PCBs, we placed this transistor to act like switches to generate SD envelopes. We had some sound test and it was okay for us but this transistors should act like amplifier.
    To solve this issue you need to bend transistors pin 1 and 2 to swap their position in the pad.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Diyer,

Q43, Q46 and Q49 are in the wrong way. This is a mistake. When we designed Nava SD PCBs, we placed this transistor to act like switches to generate SD envelopes. We had some sound test and it was okay for us but this transistors should act like amplifier.
    To solve this issue you need to bend transistors pin 1 and 2 to swap their position in the pad.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Hello!
    Can we ask PDF with traces? it could help for us with fixing buzz drum buzz
  • Could you confirm that it could be a reason in my case that the waveform for env 5 env 3 and env 2 is not exactly the same than the picture of PCB ?
  • what pcb picture ? on the pcb i only see rimshot and handclap
  • Here

peskado could you tell us if you have the good waveform for the 3 env of SD ?
  • e-licktronic wrote:Dear Diyer,

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Ok so I changed Pins 1 and 2 on the mentioned transistors...so far so good!
    BUT...when I play a pattern and then Push the STOP/CONT button...the Snare sometimes goes into a feedback LOOP ending in constant noise. When I push the start button everything is fine but the feedback comes back as soon as I press STOP/CONT!
    The feedback noise can be heard both on the Main and Snare Outs and isn't audible when you turn down the Snare VOL!

I'm seriously getting sick of all the mistakes in the build guide/schematics/pcb!! Can we please get some clearance and the proper fixes for our problems??
    I also have the BUZZ on the BD as have so many here. Buliding the NAVA has cost quite some money and I think we can expect a bit of support here!
    Last edited by Check Mate on Aug 16th, '16, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.