Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Price and shipping depending of course, but I'll probably want an unscreened case as well.
  • Hi @ElSchtroumpf , please I'm up for a metal case without print.

Thanks!
  • Hey ElSchtroumpf,

I’ve mailed you dude, however count me in for either screened or blank depending which is available. ;)
    I’ll need a blanking plate and go for the switch option too.

Cheers,
    M.
  • I am interested to buy enclosure or maybe two.
    Please let me know if possible.

Regards -Turo

edit. With print job
  • Hi, I posted earlier, about getting in on any new batch for a case. I'd still like one if possible.
    Thanks
    TIm
  • Should we start a list of interested people? I want one (with silkprint)
  • Hello,

Great panels ! I have missed the first batches, it seems . :cry:

So , i am interested by a painted metal box. Please add me to your waiting list for the next batch please.

Thanks,
  • Hi,Elschtroumpf,

Next Batch Is the 3rd?
    I want to buy a case.
    Could you inform me the price and shipment date of the box.
    Thx :D
  • Here's the story regarding the unpainted boxes : during the production of the second batch, the company received a different batch of plate material than they usually get for these kinds of products. This led to a slight bending of the faceplate of the top part of the enclosure during riveting. Because of this, the printing facility was unable to deliver a quality result, and all top parts had to be manufactured again from scratch. This left us with 70 top parts that are unprinted.

On my request, the factory has sorted all these top parts to find the ones that have a height difference of 1mm or less over the short distance of the face plate, which measures 245mm. They can be fitted with the main PCB without problem, and once the bottom part is attached and screwed in place tightly, the bend in the faceplate should almost be reduced to zero. I have seen the bent pieces myself and besides not being perfectly straight, there is nothing wrong with them. And since they use the same cutout as the acrylic enclosure file, the overlay you receive with your kit will fit them.

They have about 30 pieces like this for which they will manufacture bottom parts if I have enough interested people. Because they are not perfect, and because there will be no printing cost, I can provide these enclosures for 60€ a piece - if I get 30 orders. If you're interested, send me a message with your email address. If you can't PM yet, just let me know you want one and I'll send you my contact info.

Regarding the third batch of printed enclosures - this will happen but I have no dates to give you yet. If I have news I will post it here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!