Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Hey guys!
    Great work here!!
    I'm too late or is it still possible to join you?
    thx
  • I'm still taking orders until I have the prototype!
  • Please put me also down for one enclosure. :)
  • If still possible, I would like a case too ... not able to send a PM :(
  • Hi ElSchtroumpf,

Got your PM, but can not reply ... but thanks for trying!

Can some admin maybe take a look at this?

thx
  • Hi ElSchtroumpf,

I'm interested in going for one of the enclosures (plus switch & C14 socket) if possible, but am blocked from sending PMs on the board (low post count or similar).

Any chance you could include me in the list?

Thanks
  • Hi guys, a little update regarding the enclosures :

I received an order confirmation from the company today, which is later than I expected - I thought I would have my prototype by the end of the week. It states they will have it ready the 16th of May. It might be ready earlier, but even so, the final production won't be finished until somewhere in June. I will be out of the country at the end of May and again the second week of June, so I'm not sure about the timeline here. I apologize for the inconvenience and the delay.

I sent them an email with a ton of questions to figure out the exact cost per enclosure, as well as the weight so I can start to calculate how much it will cost for everybody. I would like to start sending out paypal invoices soon to anyone who is comfortable with paying up front, for the simple reason that the cost for the prototype includes the one-time costs - programming the machines and making the films for the printing and all that - which brings the cost of the prototype to 516,23€. For anyone who is alarmed by this number, the price per enclosure when ordering 30 units is actually only around 115€, including the prototype cost and VAT. But I don't have 516€ to spare right now. :lol:

This does not include shipping, packing or the extras like the feet, screws and the optional switch or connector.

For anyone wanting something a little more tangible, google "rodec sherman restyler". It's a small DJ effect whose enclosure was made by Facim.
  • One more silly post required from me regarding same, and I'll hopefully be able to send a PM. Sorry for the noise!