Nava v1.0 Firmware

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Did you try and turn the CH and OH decay all the way down and programmed an OH and did the OH still sound like it should then?
  • Check Mate wrote:Did you try and turn the CH and OH decay all the way down and programmed an OH and did the OH still sound like it should then?
    Yes. Sounds fine to me. What should I listen fore?

If this is related to the "Total Accent bug"... I have my voltage set around 4,98 and not 5Volt on TP1.
  • Hmm ok...I have no idea what that is/was related to but it could well have something to do with "total accent".
    In my case my OH decay was dependend on the CH decay. When CH decal was fully counterclockwise the OH was also very short.
    When I turned the CH decay pot in clockwise direction the OH also got longer.
    The OH decay pot however had no effect on the actual OH decay.
    I could try updating to 1.09 again and see what happens. Maybe something went wrong in my initial update to 1.09.
    The only thing I can say is that everything was back to normal after I installed 1.07 again.
    I did this together with LED-Man so he can confirm that and we also compared our NAVAs.
    He never installed 1.09 and his was fine with 1.07.
    + decoder303 also seems to have run into this issue.
    We'll see what Vincent finds out.
  • Ok, well oh + ch decay seems to work fine with mine on latest fw.
  • I am trying to install the newest firmware. Entered the correct buffer size and started sending the sysex file to my Nava. The Nava trigger buttons are blinking and showing the progress. But when the file is completely sent nothing happens. My Nava doesn't restart as stated in the manual. Nothing happens. When switching it off and on again it get's stuck because no firmware is installed. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?? :?
  • Strange, I used C6 Sysex Tool and it worked.
  • had the same problem first, had to restart the software after setting up the midi interface, after that it worked

edit:
    e-licktronic wrote:
    Data Jam wrote:since the update i have some sync issues. running in slave mode, if i switch between play and step mode, it "jumps" or slows down if kept pressed, after releasing it will catch up and is in sync again.
    next time i have it running i check if this is in master mode too.

Dear Data Jam,

Which button you keep pressed when this "jump" happen ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    took me a while to try it, but this problem isn't when running as master.
  • Running in master when played with midi= not working so good.
    Works better in slave mode. But maybe it's supposed to be in slave mode. :-)
  • So... any time plan for the new firmware?