Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • If someone actually took the time to read the posts in this forum you can find a lot of bugs that are confirmed.
    I just added 2 of them to this thread. Both confirmed by other builders.
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1006
  • When controlled by MIDI, Nava doesn't respond correctly when swing is added to MIDI track in DAW. Seems like MIDI is quantizised.
  • drifter7508 wrote:If someone actually took the time to read the posts in this forum you can find a lot of bugs that are confirmed.
    I just added 2 of them to this thread. Both confirmed by other builders.
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1006
    Could that "someone" be you? :-)
  • Peter wrote:When controlled by MIDI, Nava doesn't respond correctly when swing is added to MIDI track in DAW. Seems like MIDI is quantizised.
    MIDI is quantized, AFAIK there is no standard behaviour about what a piece of MIDI equipment should do when the clock rate is not even.

AFAIK the MIDI clock is 24ppqn and if the internal sequencer of the Nava is 1ppqn and it just counts 24 pulses and that's one clock, it won't noticed the shuffle.

I'll add it as something to look at, thanks.
    Pekka.

EDIT: Actually, are you sure your DAW shuffles the MIDI clock? I've had a bunch of equipment where the shuffle is used only in the internal sequencer of the device and does not touch the MIDI clock when it's acting as a master.
  • halides wrote: EDIT: Actually, are you sure your DAW shuffles the MIDI clock? I've had a bunch of equipment where the shuffle is used only in the internal sequencer of the device and does not touch the MIDI clock when it's acting as a master.
    Yes, it works fine with my Acidlab Miami drum machine.
  • Peter wrote:
    halides wrote: EDIT: Actually, are you sure your DAW shuffles the MIDI clock? I've had a bunch of equipment where the shuffle is used only in the internal sequencer of the device and does not touch the MIDI clock when it's acting as a master.
    Yes, it works fine with my Acidlab Miami drum machine.
    Cool, thanks.
  • problem with the accent, if program bass drum 1/4/8/12 step, for example, has no value programmed accent at this time or not - drum volume on each step may vary (step 1 and 12 are louder or only 12, there it spontaneously and after cleaning or changing patterns, louder steps may vary) try this!
  • Hi ! i found many errors in slave mode: in tap mode or step, when I program in real-time tool nava loses sync or the instrument plays itself (there is horse racing(hi-hats)), this happens when you change the operating mode or save a pattern as well .... every time you turn nava have to re-adjust the mIDI channel, if I play mIDI notes - because nava does not respond to mIDI (I do shift + tempo settings, and save them, but after switching off and on - you have to re-select the mIDI channel, although it is correct, but it does not work - only works synchronization). I also noticed that nava sometimes lose sync midi play mode for no apparent reason. in tap mode when triggered bass drum, snare, rim shot... - the hi hat sound is cut off... Ps: a lot of mistakes and you should really check it out definitively! thank you in advance:)
  • I just upgraded to 1.020. What I noticed:

- Whenever I press a button the display is updated constantly. A single update would be enough, as this update rush causes the LCD to flicker (e.g. hold pattern play button)

- In midi slave mode sync seems to only work in pattern step (edit) mode.
    When I switch to the mute page or pattern play sync is lost.
    Even a restart from the midi master only fixes this lost sync in pattern step mode. In the other modes the timing is off (offset).
    Tempo is right, position wrong. I remember this used to work right in a previous version. nope. just reverted to 1.018 and 1.019. both the same

edit: init eeprom solved the problem. maybe something to do with step shift?

- open hh has no accent

- no LED updates while the sequencer is stopped
    If I change the selected instrument for example, the active steps won't be visible until the seq is running

- bootloader makes ugly noise (constant tone) on the audio out