Noise too high, Cymbals too low, Minor Issues

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Okay so here is the Update:

I made another Init Eeprom attempt and all the patterns are normal now. Yay!

There are some solder joints super close in the Crash / Ride section that are not meant to have continuity so fixing two joints got my Cymbals working yayyy!

This whole debugging thing turned into quite some fun when I changed R419 to get the rim volume in place and as somebody in the forum suggested I switched R205 from 3.3K to 4.7K and it got a little better - maybe someday I even try higher volume who knows at least Kick and Clap are not worlds apart in level anymore

Speaking of Kickdrums I will try to lower 501 + 502 for more Volume in the Mix out aswell as changing C153 + C154 to 10uF for more BASS!

What still bugs me is:

My Crash seems to have an odd release - it sounds choppy. Switching the Sample Chips reveals it must be somewhere in the circuit. Anyone here with any hints?

I can not program any Accent on Crash and Ride and did not find any clear info on how this is possible or not. Should I reset the firmware, is this a MUX board thing?

And lastly: My Mix out seems to be unbalanced as the left channel is roughly 9dB louder. Any hints on that?

Thanks for reading, helping and happy building! Tobi
  • Hello fellow builders from the future!

I checked my unbalanced output issue and measured the pot - turns out my pot is just about 10% off in the lower regions. Mäh. When I turn it up this becomes much much smaller, I don't like it but at least no issue here. Won't bother to put in another as I'll most probably just use it in mono.

I hunted down my crash release and voila - I had RA11C + RA11D swapped. They look basically the same on the board because some of the letter D is cutted by the hole, if you have a similar issue you might want to look into that.

Last thing left, despite some modding, is that I cannot program Accents for Crash, Ride and OH.
    Even with the MUX boards out, so what is it?

Cheers,

Tobi
  • No Accent control on these instruments so everything good!

Hope my documentation helps a fellow builer or two.

Happy fault finding!

Tobi