Power issues - is this the right power

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • That PSU looks fine. I wouldn't connect the main board until you sort the power section.

Would suggest you have a wrong component or missing / bad part in there. Check the pins of the VRs. All electrolytics the right way round etc.
  • orbist wrote:That PSU looks fine. I wouldn't connect the main board until you sort the power section.

Would suggest you have a wrong component or missing / bad part in there. Check the pins of the VRs. All electrolytics the right way round etc.
    Thanks for getting back to me on this. All pins and components look the right way around. Any idea where i can look for help?
  • cstockwell wrote: Thanks for getting back to me on this. All pins and components look the right way around. Any idea where i can look for help?
    You have to set your multimeter between ground and the power rail you want to mesure
    http://www.e-licktronic.com/img/cms/Nava%20tuto%20montage/power%20supply/nava%20TR%20909%20clone%20PSU%20test%20+15v.jpg
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I tested again yesterday and all seemed to work fine. However i have checked again today and i cant get the -15v or +5v.

I previously found a post which i can't find again, but some people have mentioned something about using a resistor to get one of the capacitors going (this could be incorrect but there was something that could be done to help charge capacitors for the first time). And this then helps all readings display correctly? Any ideas what that be?

I just can't work out why the readings would be find yesterday but today they are not.