[Wish List] Yocto OS Update Thread

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • -Pattern Length per voice
    For example, BD- 16 steps, RS- 9 steps, CH- 12 steps
    This allows for continuous looping and variation of pattern (a nice feature in the Sonic Potions LXR)

- Accent Per Instrument
    A different accent pattern for BD, SN, LT, etc.
    I've noticed that accented rolls (holding down the accent button when rolling a snare, etc.) are independent of Pattern accent, so it seems like this could be done. The Quicksilver 606 CPU has individual instrument accent and global accent (in a retrofit to the TR-606).

- Rotate Pattern
    Rotate left and right per step, per four steps, per 8 steps, both per pattern and per instrument.

- MIDI Note Out
    with velocity (or, at least, accent)
    What I envision is being able to sequence both the internal Yocto drums and external gear, all with separate instrument tracks, so the Yocto internal instruments output MIDI notes (for example) C2-B2 and separate instrument tracks output MIDI notes C3-B3. In this way, the Yocto drums and, for example, the external 9090 drums are played from the same sequencer.
    The external instrument tracks (C3-B3) could be selected by selecting NC on the INST SELECTOR, then hold SHIFT and select instrument with INST SELECTOR(?). I don't know what would be the best way to implement it...

- Pattern Fills
  • Great ideas there! ;)
  • effegee wrote: - MIDI Note Out
    with velocity (or, at least, accent)
    What I envision is being able to sequence both the internal Yocto drums and external gear, all with separate instrument tracks, so the Yocto internal instruments output MIDI notes (for example) C2-B2 and separate instrument tracks output MIDI notes C3-B3. In this way, the Yocto drums and, for example, the external 9090 drums are played from the same sequencer.
    The external instrument tracks (C3-B3) could be selected by selecting NC on the INST SELECTOR, then hold SHIFT and select instrument with INST SELECTOR(?). I don't know what would be the best way to implement it...
    I too would like this, but I don't know how you'd get around the fact that, for example, the 909 has a crash cymbal, which obviously the Yocto does not..

i guess using the 16 step buttons you could select instruments, which is how the TR-707 works..
  • Delayed start/stop (like featured in Mungo Sync, MidiPAL, n0nx0x2)

How it works: when external master is playing, you can stop the device (but it keeps counting beats), and by pressing start again (while holding a button, in n0nx0x this is FUNC+START) it will start playing perfectly in sync on the next bar
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Yup that would be nice as well!
    ;)
  • 4teenth wrote: I don't know how you'd get around the fact that, for example, the 909 has a crash cymbal, which obviously the Yocto does not..
    You could use one of the extra trigger voices (TR1, etc.)
  • - Sysex dump/load of patterns & banks

- 1/8 note roll
  • +1 for shuffle :D

Also the ability to sequence external hardware via MIDI would be a welcome addition. I have an AKAI XR20, a TR-505, I've just picked up a Novation Drumstation and I wouldn't mind building a TR-9090 in the future. Would be sweet to be able to sequence them with the Yocto.
  • intro/fill in - a/b variations
    in general I think the sound of the 808 have lot to share with the original sequencer, I dont know, maybe a "808 original mode" that the user can choose so that who prefer velocity etc can stick with those.