Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Everything else (and midi incoming sync) works as expected. My board is one of the early pcbs, it’s been working ever since.. ok nevermind, i just hope someone will find a fix eventually because the new features are well appetizing! If anyone can provide a working, unofficial firmware loaded atmega, id happily pay for it :)
  • I just took a look at the revised manual - thanks for it! It's quite accurate IMO...
    F.
  • Ok guys. Still here.
    SUCCESS i managed to upload the firmware using WIN7. WIN10 just wont do using the same setup and preferences.
    If anyone has got issues uploading through MIDI like i had, please check the video https://youtu.be/3g_ZrjYXHH4
    YES!!! Happiness!!!
  • Masuto wrote: SUCCESS i managed to upload the firmware using WIN7. WIN10 just wont do using the same setup and preferences.
    Thats wonderful news :)
    Have fun!
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • I'm glad Masuto is up and running!
  • helectromagneticus wrote:I'm glad Masuto is up and running!
    Hey,
    Hope everyone is fine..

Hows your knowledge of the Cpu trig mechanics?

After doing huge refactors I got kinda stuck with the firmware and it's been in this broken state for a few months now :(
    https://github.com/rv0/Yocto_808/tree/trigpulse_rewrite is where I was at, well, that and a git stash of unknown size that I didn't push yet.
  • rv0 wrote:
    helectromagneticus wrote:I'm glad Masuto is up and running!
    Hey,
    Hope everyone is fine..

Hows your knowledge of the Cpu trig mechanics?

After doing huge refactors I got kinda stuck with the firmware and it's been in this broken state for a few months now :(
    https://github.com/rv0/Yocto_808/tree/trigpulse_rewrite is where I was at, well, that and a git stash of unknown size that I didn't push yet.
    Without knowing more about your problem, I can't say much about how to fix your code... Maybe a little description of how the CPU trig works will help for now?

The CPU trig is what triggers all of the voices. Each individual drum voice, including accent, has two inputs: one input from the 'global" CPU trig and one input from the instrument-specific pin on the shift registers. You can think of the signals from the shift registers an enables for the drum voices: If the BD signal from the shift register is high, and the global CPU trig is sent, then the bass drum voice will trigger.

For each sequencer step, the Yocto CPU must set new values on the outputs of the shift register so that when the next CPU trig comes, the correct drum voices sound.

Let me know if there's another way I can help!
  • Basically my issue is not knowing exactly when to set the CPU TRIG high and when to pull it back low again, if the length is important..
    I think my last approach was setting it low at the beginning of each clock pulse, and setting it high after doing all the processing for that pulse, but I dunno, there were side effects :/

I'm gonna be spending some time on it later this week, preparing my brain for the proper state of mind :geek:
  • Hi all!
    I hope you're all safe and sound!

I just wanted quickly to get some feedback/update on the following:

SysEx dump for all patterns
    Roll resolutions (lower than 16th notes and also eventually "moved" them down to the step buttons, instead of the potentiometer)

Thanks!
    Flavio.