Unoffical Firmware Available

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Hello again,

Please find unofficial firmware v1.0e on GitHub. You can download the SysEx file directly from that page. The 1.0e update merges jvq's MIDI Expander Mode timing fix with my Pattern Edit Mode mult-push fix.

My testing showed good results, but let me know if you folks encounter any issues with this version.
  • Thank you for the hard work, really !

I have just sent the sysex to the Yocto, be right back soon with my comments, i had experienced already the previous version you did, was working like a charm!

Thanks again,

:)

Cheers !
    Laurent
  • Great job!

Nice to see development is still on-going.
  • Respect guys! Happy :) I'll test it and make sure to come back with any issues.

If someone could look into making the roll-mode work in midi slave mode... that would be the ultimate bug-fix for me personally :D But this is an awesome start, thanks again :)

EDIT: Been using it for about an hour and I can't believe it but apparently you also (unknowingly?!) fixed the midi slave roll bug i've been craving for for a while!!!! THANK YOU! Just the Rimshit triggers very weakly on my yocto when i use roll (clave works as it should) in midi slave now. All others work perfectly :)
  • Please look for the roll function at external clock :)

Thank you!!!! ;)
  • RetrowX wrote:EDIT: Been using it for about an hour and I can't believe it but apparently you also (unknowingly?!) fixed the midi slave roll bug i've been craving for for a while!!!! THANK YOU! Just the Rimshit triggers very weakly on my yocto when i use roll (clave works as it should) in midi slave now. All others work perfectly :)
    That is very interesting! I just tested this on my own Yocto and can confirm that roll mode does seem to be in time while in MIDI Slave Mode for this firmware version. However, the instrument volumes are not right in this mode. You have kindly exposed some gaps in my testing!

My guess is that jvq's work in the MIDI library is to blame for this improvement. I'm hesitant to call the MIDI Slave Roll Mode bug fixed, since the instrument volumes are not correct while rolling. This demands further study...
  • Just tried the firmware and that's pretty cool that the roll function works in Midi Slave now! I noticed the same issue as mentionned before, BD, SD, LT, MT, HT, RS (but not CL) and CB are a bit lower when rolled in Midi Slave mode, however there's no issue when using roll with the internal clock. And thanks to have corrected the roll timing, works nice now.
    And multi-button push editing works good too, i was able to enter 9 step at once :)
    Didn't tried the expander part yet, will test soon and let you know!

Thanks for doing all this!
  • Yeah you guys are right, the volumes indeed seem to be lower than programmed notes on most of the instruments on my Yocto; bit more drastic on the rim than all others.
  • Yeah,... What a nice kind of surprise!!!! :mrgreen:
    Thank you! Thank you for the roll!!! And thank you for the multi-button push.
    I've tested it for short time. Yes the levels are lower if it rolls in midi slave mode.
    But the way is right :)

Thank you again for your great job! 8-)