C163 at SD

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • To speed things up, which part are we talking about?
  • Snare drum, capacitor at Accent, to gnd
  • Good question. I followed the build spec. with a 0.047.
    Can't find it on the original either...:-/
  • Seems like that all instruments have the Accent tied to ground with a Cap of .47µ on the schematics.
    It's probably there because Vincent designed it like that due to the difference of his sequencer and the original. Question is why? And if not what is the value? Is this causing the issues reported as we all followed the BOM? However as his demo sounds pretty good to me I will opt for the 0.47µ.

Maybe Vincent can shed some light next week.
  • jeroenbvo wrote:Seems like that all instruments have the Accent tied to ground with a Cap of .47µ on the schematics.
    It's probably there because Vincent designed it like that due to the difference of his sequencer and the original. Question is why? And if not what is the value? Is this causing the issues reported as we all followed the BOM? However as his demo sounds pretty good to me I will opt for the 0.47µ.

C163 is 0,047uf. BOM will be updated

Best regards,
    e-licktronic

Edited on September the 9th 2016
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thanks for your response Vincent and welcome back! :D

Can you also have a look at the transistor issues we encountered in the SD?: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=970&start=10#p5645

Complete thread:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=970#p5622
  • e-licktronic wrote:
    jeroenbvo wrote:Seems like that all instruments have the Accent tied to ground with a Cap of .47µ on the schematics.

C163 is 0,47uf. BOM will be updated

Best regards,
    e-licktronic

I changed this one to 0,47uf and now the Accent is all screwed up on the snare!
    The build guide also shows a 0,047uf! The board with the buzz fix Vincent shows also have a 0,047uf.
    0,47uf mess things up! (Or something else has happened)
  • I changed back to 0,047uf. Now the snares Accent is back to normal again.
    DO NOT USE 0,47UF!
  • I'm pretty sure I put a 0.47uF from the start and my accent is fine.. the problem might be elsewhere.