Number of IC Sockets

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • hofmann25 wrote:Can anyone confirm that has finished building/ordered correctly that there are (If you want to use IC Sockets) needed for the Nava kit;

3x PDIP8
    5x PDIP14
    7x PDIP16

Thanks! :)
    Not at my build rightn now - but you can look at the silkscreen here http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/nava-par ... clone.html
  • Looking at the BOM I get these numbers :

DIP8 : 3
    DIP14 : 15
    DIP16 : 22
    DIP28 : 3 (15mm LS)
    DIP40 : 1 (15mm LS)
    SIL8 : 36
    SIL9 : 1
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote:Looking at the BOM I get these numbers :

Thanks ElSchtroumpf! :) :) :)
  • hofmann25 wrote:
    ElSchtroumpf wrote:Looking at the BOM I get these numbers :

Thanks ElSchtroumpf! :) :) :)
    Can I confirm that the naming of DIP sockets ie DIP28 = 2 rows of 14 pins?

Cheers :D
  • That 28 socket is 2x14.
    Thanks for this topic! It made ordering easier. The Nava v1.0 BOM topic should include a list of sockets included in the kit and those that aren't along with a link to the power supply. Of course power supplies can be various, it helps to know.
  • Hi,

Having trouble finding SIL8 and SIL9 sockets. Tayda does not seem to carry them. Could I bother to ask if anyone has a source for these?

Thank you
  • backdoorranky wrote:Hi,

Having trouble finding SIL8 and SIL9 sockets. Tayda does not seem to carry them. Could I bother to ask if anyone has a source for these?

Thank you
    Best is to buy a 40pin SIP like this http://www.taydaelectronics.com/30-pin- ... -type.html and break it appart into 8/9pin sockets.
    I don't know if I would recommend using SIP socket for the M5218 though (excepted in the bassdrum for v1.0l boards), on my first build it has been source of bad contacts.