My build log - missing parts, questions and suggestions

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • dinsync wrote:i did start listing the missing parts in my build but alas i gave up, also worth noting there are little to no metal film caps in the bom (instead it uses poly box). You should really use those nice Nichicon metal film if you want it closer to the original machine ;) (i was lucky to have a good stash of these here)
    Aren´t most of the film caps in the BOM Metalized poly film capacitors? Although not Nichicon. But how much the brand really effects the result will become an never ending debate for centuries to come 8-)
  • AonFluX wrote: Aren´t most of the film caps in the BOM Metalized poly film capacitors? Although not Nichicon. But how much the brand really effects the result will become an never ending debate for centuries to come 8-)
    Please post a new topic ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • ic 4520N missing
    only 2 in bom, 3 needed

edit: I was wrong. 2 are sufficient. I was confused as the IC 58 is listed twice.
    Last edited by comboy on May 24th, '16, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
  • I think the LED in the cherry switch picture from the build guide is the wrong way round.
    the long leg is the anode (+), but if I insert it like shown in the picture it does not match the screenprint.
  • my kit is also missing a cherry key.
    BOM is correct. seems like a sorting error.
    Thank god I have a spare one here ;)
  • LED 11 was not working. Turns out it was a defective PCB :(
    The LED resistor was not connected to the via next to S10.
    No visible damage to the PCB. Even under a magnifying glass the trace looked good.
    But the LED only worked after I put a piece of wire from the current limiting resistor to the via.
  • After a first short test the unit seems to generally work. =D *hooray*
    Only problem is Mid and Hi Tom both only produce a short click.
    Low tom is working. Any Idea where to look?
  • main out is noisy and sounds a little bit overdriven.
    single outs sound fine.
    Last edited by comboy on May 24th, '16, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
  • investigated the non working toms.
    Envelopes seem to work, although mid tom envelope levels are lower than the working low tom.
    Oscillators seem to be the problem. On both non working toms all 3 oscillators are stopped at -9V