build order - sequencer and I/O first?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • good question! i'd also love a procedure for testing each section as its done, even if only continuity points or where volts should appear and maybe their values!!! would save a lot of headache later if there is an issue along the path!!
  • hi,

i just wanted to say i finished a build now and did it in this order:

power
    Noise
    Accent
    BassDrum
    SnareDrum

Sequencer
    IO Board
    Master

LowTom
    MiddleTom
    HighTom

RimShot
    HandClap

Cowbell
    Cymbal

HitHat

where i parallel built the grouped instruments. this way i was able to test the instruments as i built them (in pairs mostly)
    starting with bass drum and snare. i didn't see a big problem with the build, the sequencer is out of the way pretty much
    but of course one has to connect it properly every time when testing the next power and instrument. i did that with standard
    2.54mm jumper cables.
  • You can trigger each instrument with an arduino and test it from its individual output. No need to build the sequencer first.
  • Ok but how would I do that exactly?
    Do you have a patch? Not sure I could write one faster than build the sequencer.
    Also, one has to get the accent right.

To get this right would be useful, also to implement external triggering
  • southpole, see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=179#p701

Edit: And misa is showing this in his blog too: http://tr-bob.tumblr.com/ (Look in the archive)
  • Hi Jeroen,

great, thanks!!! will play with this tonight, even if i have finished all instruments already :-)
    it will be nice to retrofit trigger inputs

btw an alternative for people who don't have an Arduino might be the Dtronics Midi to Trigger interface
    which can do 1ms 5V pulses, too

southpole