Yocto sounds different when synced to midi?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • :?: Just checking to see if anybody else experiences this while synced to midi
  • Nobody has tried syncing their yocto to midi?
  • :?: :?: :?:
  • I've tested midi sync and I've got the same problem. And the Yocto is a little off sync (the timing is a little behind the DAW and rest of the gear).
  • Do you have scopes? Could you measure if the trig pulse differs in length when the uC is running internal clock or synced to midi.
  • pulse_divider wrote:I just tried syncing my Yocto to midi (still using the internal Yocto sequencer) for the first time last night and noticed that it sounds very different than when the Yocto is playing to it's own internal clock. The volume is a little bit lower (on some instruments moreso than others) and the decay of several of them (cowbell in particular) is choked and doesn't ring out like when using it's internal clock.

I just finished building a second Yocto and it displays the same behavior. Both are updated to firmware v1.0b and were built a year apart, so I'm pretty sure it's not a build error on my part.
    I haven't seen anyone mention this but it seems like it might be a bug. Does anyone else sync their Yocto to midi and have this issue? It's pretty easy to check, just dial up a pattern that uses all the instruments and play it in Pttrn mode, listen, then switch to Ptn Midi5, play and listen again. Does yours sound completely different the second time when externally synced?

Thanks.
    Dear pulse_divider,

We noticed this problem, it come from the Uc trig so we will solve it in the next updaye available soon.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • e-licktronic wrote: Dear pulse_divider,

We noticed this problem, it come from the Uc trig so we will solve it in the next updaye available soon.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Hi - good news that this is inhand.

Will it be just a software fix or will it require some component swapping?

Many thanks,

Paul
  • punkdisco wrote:Will it be just a software fix or will it require some component swapping?
    It will be a Software fix, no need to change anything on the Yocto Part.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Dear,

Yocto v1.0c Firmware available
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=466&p=2805#p2805

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic