Solved: Can't volume Lowtom down.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • I've completed the build and it's working and sounding absolutely great except for two volume pots are defective. Don't know if I've heated them too much while soldering or if they where d.o.a, but if I was you I'd start by doublechecking to be absolutely sure your vol.pot is working.
  • Hi..

Still having those problems..
    I have now replaced everything around the potmeter VR10, including the VR10.
    All the resistors, capacitors,the 1N4148 and the Germanium diodes, and the PC4558C.
    double checked all the solder joints on both sides. Everything is looking fine..

But i can't turn down the Lowtom, it's just there in the mix, what ever i do.
    I have no idea where to look next.
  • Looking at the schematics, the only possible suspects would be C82 & C83, R235 & R238 or U13. Do you have normal volume before the pot?
  • ElSchtroumpf wrote:Looking at the schematics, the only possible suspects would be C82 & C83, R235 & R238 or U13. Do you have normal volume before the pot?
    Yes, i found the problem.. Thanks to ElSchtroumpf..

Took a look at the schematics myself, and found that the U13 is located at the Snaredrum section, and
    "borrowed" this one amp on the U13.. Replaced the 4558, and now i have have fully functioned Yocto :P
    Just waiting for ElSchtroumpf to send my case 8-)

Thanks again