[SOLVED]No sound, No BD,CH

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Yes try to check the individual instruments with an oscilloscope, it's very strange you have no sound even though your sequencer works.
  • Ok I tried the bassdrum 5V to R152 pulse to R155 and out on R175. I used the tip of my headphone (ground to ground) and i heard the bass drum.
    I put back the atmega and tried to "hear" the TRIG signal and there is none
  • I watched some yocto demo videos to compare behavior. My step-1 LED lights well with the sequencer but when I activate the step 1 it remains turned off and when I activate another step , step 1 blinks. I double checked every solder joints with a magnifier and all power suplies everything is fine.
    Any ideas :?:
    (still no sound)
  • check this I did a little video to demonstrate what I said earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBOvFCLvO84
  • :? I'll get an oscilloscope around the 20th of the month I'll be able to do deeper tests
  • For the step 1 button issue - have you checked with a multimeter if there is a short between any of the pins associated with those buttons?
  • Dear Electrosymphony,

If you got a problem with all trig signal maybe it come from the 4011.
    When did you buy your Kit ? if it was before December the 1th, you have to replace the 4011 in the Accent section.
    And for the first step button problem, check R21

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Ok I found something I checked R21 it was perfectly soldered then I did a measurement with multimeter I found 2K first I measured other 10k around and they were all at 10k. I removed IC7 to see if there was any interactions between the chip itself and the resistor and I found 10k. Then I tried to exchange IC7 with IC2 since they are the same chip. Now step 1 is working and guess what step 9 isnt :D
    Now I have to buy a new 74hc165 this one was defective.

When did you buy your Kit ?
    After the 1st december
  • I replaced my defective 74hc165 now sequencer works fine. I bought another 4011 too but still no change i have no sound output I think there is no trig signal comming from CPU Is it possible ?