[SOLVED]No sound, No BD,CH

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Hi,

I plugged the yocto in my guitar amplifier to check the mono/stero issue when i turn the master pot i can hear the gain is working but still no sound. I doubt all instruments are defective I should hear something.
  • Hi, maybe a stupid question, but did you not forget to connect the little piece of audio cable from the mixer part of the main board to the i/o board?

Also try to probe around for individual instruments. If they are present, you know there is an issue in the mixer stage. If you don't hear individual instruments, try the method with the arduino. (Don't forget to pull the AtMega on the Yocto board)
  • Postby electrosymphony » Jan 3rd, '15, 11:54

Hi,

I plugged the yocto in my guitar amplifier to check the mono/stero issue when i turn the master pot i can hear the gain is working but still no sound. I doubt all instruments are defective I should hear something.
    Did you also try to do this with the individual outputs?
  • jeroenbvo wrote:Hi, maybe a stupid question, but did you not forget to connect the little piece of audio cable from the mixer part of the main board to the i/o board?
    Yes it is well connected.
    ikke wrote:
    Did you also try to do this with the individual outputs?
    Yes i did and same result.

After that I probed arround with an headphone starting with noise which works well then after I discovered there is no accent output (TRIG) wich may explain why there is no sound at all. I checked connectivity between pin 3 (TRIG_CPU) of the CPU and R92 from accent section and it is well connected. It seems nothing out from CPU..

I put encoder on edit patern then pressed Start, is it the right way to do ? (Maybe the problem is me :D )
  • Does your CD4011 follows this description: texas instrument CD4011BE code 10HMAND?
  • It is a Texas instrument 47A0CTM E4 CD4011BE
  • still nothing?

sounds hard...

Im having a lot of probs during the build
    massive job it is
  • What kind of problem ? It is very easy to build since you follow the building manuel.

Is that possible that the atmega isn't correctly flashed ?
  • Quick question : do you have (access to) an oscilloscope?