Assembly service for the Yocto kit

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Hi,
    The service is available again.
    I'm planning a new batch of 3 units or so, please let me know if you are interested ! Before June 8th would be perfect, you may show some interest and then commit a few days after, first askers will get priority and I'll try to fulfill all requests.
    Thank you,

Vincent.
  • Hi Vince,

So could I just buy everything with shipping directly to you, ask for your service and for you to ship it back to me in Chicago? How much would that cost me - the assembly, plus shipping to chicago (zip code 60610 preferably cheapest UPS service)
  • Hello,
    I charge 250 EUR for the assembly/calibration, and to ship the Yocto to Chicago costs 50 EUR or slightly less.
    I would advise shipping the parts directly to me to avoid double shipping but it's up to you really.
    Also if you plan to buy some parts that are not the ones advised (like higher-grade capacitors), be sure to check the size to see if they fit the PCB because they might be too large sometimes.
    I also have a Yocto already assembled/ready to ship if you prefer.
    I would also like to know why you prefer to buy the parts, just so I understand your requirements/expectations.
    Thx,
    Vincent.
  • Djvinc wrote:Hello,
    I charge 250 EUR for the assembly/calibration, and to ship the Yocto to Chicago costs 50 EUR or slightly less.
    I would advise shipping the parts directly to me to avoid double shipping but it's up to you really.
    Also if you plan to buy some parts that are not the ones advised (like higher-grade capacitors), be sure to check the size to see if they fit the PCB because they might be too large sometimes.
    I also have a Yocto already assembled/ready to ship if you prefer.
    I would also like to know why you prefer to buy the parts, just so I understand your requirements/expectations.
    Thx,
    Vincent.
    Vince i sent you PM

thanks
  • 250€ is very good offer.
  • Hello,

A new batch is planned with a delivery early September.
    If you want to join in, let me know by the end of next week !
    Thx,

(the other) Vincent.
  • Hi everybody!
    (the other) Vincent told me where to find him on this forum - thanks Vincent!

Now, I don't want to be misinterpreted, but I gotta ask in this thread for some feedback about the Yoctos already built and sold from Vincent: I'd like to get one from him as well, but I'd like to get some "proof" of his (presumably) good work and trustworthiness.

So, please: any "client" of Djvinc could please give me some feedback?

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,
    F.
  • I am a very happy customer of Djvinc. His Yocto just arrived and it works flawlessly. He is a very friendly guy and his communication was always excellent and quick (within a day or two, sometimes within a few minutes!). He set a clear timeline and everything went according to plan. I even messed up the PayPal at one point and he worked with me to get it fixed. It honestly was a real pleasure working with him.
  • Hi snoozr - thanks for your comment, even if it came in "late" :-)
    I already ordered, payed and got the Yocto from Djvinc - pretty good job and I can confirm his quick reactions to emails. Now we simply have to sort out a strange issue, where the accent is triggering the clap - anyway, he's taking care of this at his own expenses. This is great!

BR,
    F.