Noisy SD

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • (Just adjusted my clap with TM3, so hopefully that slight noise won't be coming though now...) 8-)
  • So after a load of measuring and scoping, and finding nothing, I noticed the Master section uses the same 4558s as on the rest of the board. I still had some opamps which I bought for the Master section, so I swapped it out and replaced the opamps in the snare circuit, one by one. And indeed, the 4558 that was in U13 wasn't working properly. It wasn't dead, but when I replaced it with another 4558 the overall noise floor dropped considerably - enough for the Yocto to be quiet enough for recording.

That being said, the problem still persist. The noise floor still goes up when I turn up the Snare pot, but the noise level is low enough to be usable. But any ideas as to why the noise floor goes up with the Snare pot are of course appreciated.

Now I can finally put my Yocto in my enclosure! :lol:

On a side note, I tested a few of the opamps in the Master section, and ended up using the OPA2604, which sounds a little more in your face and dynamic, yet less harsh than the 4558.
  • Did you try to change some of the components for the better?
    https://www.dsl-man.de/plugins/servlet/ ... ew/4948857

Look at the bottom of the page.
  • @tomster, no I did not, but using your list I just placed an order at Banzaimusic for all the caps and resistors you mentioned.

My Yocto will have to sit here naked one week longer. :lol: