Page 1 of 1

Nava sound issues

Posted: Feb 22nd, '21, 15:06
by cptmoustache
Hello there,

A friend of mine passed away and left me his Nava. We had already used it several times and it was working fine, except the accent. PSU was lost so I bought a new one which I think is OK.
Sequencer is running, all seems fine but I got no sound at all except "clicks" corresponding to my step trigs when I put my mixer's gain at a very high level. Same behaviour on the master and individual outs. No mutes, volume is OK...

I plan to install the SH Mux Boards for accent improvement.

Firmware is 1.028.

I'm not a DIYer and have not much skills with soldering, schematics and components.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Recording of that clicks corresponding to step trigs:
https://www19.zippyshare.com/v/lihtkBSF/file.html

PSU:
https://i.ibb.co/86rm6nS/153231774-2585 ... 6445-n.jpg

Thank you!

Re: Nava sound issues

Posted: Feb 23rd, '21, 03:13
by secrethero303
That is not the correct PSU. The one you have is 15V AC/DC. What you need is 15V AC/AC. Start by changing that and then see what it sounds like first.

Re: Nava sound issues

Posted: Feb 24th, '21, 12:10
by cptmoustache
Wow I haven't noticed that, my bad, I've just bought a new one, I'll let you know! Thank you!

Re: Nava sound issues

Posted: Mar 4th, '21, 17:13
by cptmoustache
I think the kick sounds distorted too, anyone?

Re: Nava sound issues

Posted: Mar 4th, '21, 20:14
by Dav1K
I think I maybe having the same issue.

Here's a capture of my Kick Drum waveform from my oscilloscope.

https://i.imgur.com/tGuJNWO.jpg


Doesn't look right at all!

Any ideas?