Problems during build [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear vereggaet,

It seems that snare nois part don't work.
    Is VR9 ajust the noise volume ?

For the handclap: it will be better if you add IC socket to test, but only -13.3v will not destroy the BA6110 or AN6192.

Best regards,
    Vincent
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hi,

yes the VR9 is adjusting the volume.

For handclap i soldered both IC's into place and when I connect 5V from Arduino to test it, my Arduino stops working like it's a short somewhere. Oh and I don't have a switch soldered, can this be problem?

Thanks!
  • vereggaet wrote:For handclap i soldered both IC's into place and when I connect 5V from Arduino to test it, my Arduino stops working like it's a short somewhere. Oh and I don't have a switch soldered, can this be problem?
    It has no relation. Be sure your Arduino ground connectedto the Yocto ground.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Yup ground is connected to Yocto ground. That is how I checked all other instruments. I just finished cowbell and all I hear is "pop" sound again.

I will check for wrong components and bad solder joints and will report here.

Thanks!
  • Ok so I finished my Yocto and these are the problems:

!. Bass drum was triggering with Arduino, now I have no sound from bass drum. I checked all components they are all right values. No bad joints, bridges..where to look for this problem? Maybe fried transistor?

2. Handclap - no handclap, only loud noise when TM3 turned CW, CCW I hear no sound

Thanks for help!
  • Any help?

Thanks!
  • what you describe might be a totally different issue, but I was having problems with my handclap that were solved once I replaced the two transistors Q28 and Q29.
  • OK I solved my YOCTO problems.

I changed Q39 and now my bass drum is working!

For the handclap i was missing a switch, so when it arrived I soldered it, adjusted the trimmer and now the handclap also works.

So now I have fully working YOCTO..NICE :)