Power supply voltage:trouble shoot

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • 14.5v in within 5% of 15v so you should be okay.
  • ebbflo wrote:14.5v in within 5% of 15v so you should be okay.
    ;)
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thank you.

Sorry for the post... Voltage tollerance was written in the PSU building instruction...

Francesco
  • When I finished up the cymbal section before seating u3 and u5 I got a voltage of -14.01v and +13.66 v at u5 and -14.63v and +14.13v at u3.
    Up to this point I was getting readings at all the previous test points within the 5%.
    I went ahead and seated the ic in the cymbal and calibrated tm1 and tm2 with a scope to specs.

My kit was shipped with out the switches so they have not been seated in the toms, rim, or hand clap sections. the switches are on there way and I am just probing around and biding time. I have not begun to place any components past the cymbal section.

Today I decided to look at the voltage readings at the other 4558's and got similar readings to u5 with the exception of u12 and u18 that read similar to u3 now.

This is not a major drop and I have built other types of large kits before that once put together did fine, so I am not too concerned. But waiting for the missing parts to arrive I am just curious if I should be concerned.

Thanks,
    Neil

PS. where is the calibration that uses tm3 detailed in the build manual? I cannot seem to find it. I'll search the forum... but just curious.
  • HI guys,

I'm suffering the same problem...

I started with 14.45 and -15.07 on the PSU without load(just slightly less with load) and voltages keep loosing about 1% section after section...

+15 V was 14.45V, 14.30V measured in the accent section, 14.15V in the bassdrum section...

Bassdrum is working fine, but I'm just curious and I'm asking.

Negative rail if affected of the same issue.

thanks

here's the kick !

http://instagram.com/p/og4qExsDEA#
  • 2K7 worked for me. I went from -16.2 to -15.0, right on it.

Later when this is under load, I assume I can take this out(?)