Something wrong with my sequencer

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Shiva Niet wrote:Expander = only stepbutton 10 gets midi-signal and I have no SnareDrum. Even after updating firmware once more.
    Stepbutton10= Midi Channel 10, try to send note with an otehr midi channel than 10.
    No snaredrum ??: is the snare drum working with internal sequencer ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Stepbutton 10 and in cubase any channel will do. I have to try in an other set up at a friend his house -> he is the midi-man. I just wanted a drum-computer.
    Here is my internal sequencer being busy

But still this question remains
    Can I have one of the ICs overheated when soldering?
    Greetings & thanks,
    Shiva
  • e-licktronic wrote:Can I have one of the ICs overheated when soldering?
    It's possible but if you overheated an IC, it doesn't work anymore.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Dear Shiva niet,

Do you solved your problem ? any news ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I have an issue with my sequencer too, it's very strange beacause this is the first time that happens. When I want to mute or roll an instrument, yocto randomly stops and some leds lights. Here a video where I try to show several cases : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmKGPda ... e=youtu.be

If you have an idea...
  • Dear Sal mocco;

Could you try Led_test_Syx ?
    Post result

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thank you for your time but now I can't put Yocto in "receive sysex mode"... When I turn it on with pads 1,3,5 pushed, all leds light up and I can't do anything on the gear. Sometimes even if I turn it off, leds are still lighting when I turn it on again (without pushing any pads). Here a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqCJRjW ... e=youtu.be

I tried to send sysex file when all leds are lighting but it seems that it doesn't receive anything. There is another strange thing : with some combinations of pads pushed, leds from "roll", "mute" and "scale" flash. I show it in the video at 1min05sec with the shift button.

Again, thank you for your time ! I begin to be desperate...
  • @e-licktronic: the problem is almost solved. I still have no snare and only channel 10 with using cubase. And after using "mute mode" silence, because the sequencer goes to Pattern ? (no led) and a different Bank. I need to check it out some more.

@Sal Mocco: I had the same problem. My Yocto was dead: sysex upload = yes. Leds after upload = no.
    I solved it with the following:
    1 re-instal midi-ox (or an other program)
    2 I use the sysex file from page 2 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=228&start=10
    3 only use the "midi in" on the Yocto. Do not put the cable in the Yocto "midi out".
  • @Shiva Net Thank you for your post but are you sure you had the same issue ? Because my Yocto can't be put in "receive sysex mode", when I try to do it, all leds light up. Nevertheless, I have re-installed MIDIOX and I sent a sysex file to the Yocto when all leds were lighting up but it didn't seem to react. It's very worrying because if the issue is software and I can't load sysex, it gonna be difficult to fix it...