Something wrong with my sequencer

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear Shiva niet,

Could you post a video of your problems it will be easier to understand what's happen with the sequencer.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Problem 1:
    http://we.tl/7hQyxnh2UT
    Problem 2:
    For now not a problem no more.
    Problem 3:
    After I push SHIFT and leave MUTE MODE there is one run 1x16 with sound. The second run is without sound on every pattern.
    http://we.tl/cUy7oe4QnX

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Shiva
  • Dear Shiva niet,

Try to reload the firmware because it doesn't looks like a hardware problem.You can find Sysex file here

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • so I need to do the following(?)
    To uplaod the firmware you have to proceed like that:
    -Turn Off your Yocto
    -Push step button 1, 3 and 5 together
    -Turn On Yocto while holding threes buttons.
    -Leds will blink two times
    -Then send Sysex via MidiOX or an other MIDI sysex sender.
    -Leds will show you Upload progress.
    All this is with a midi-connection, am I right?

Here is the next challenge is I do not have a midi interface. Will any interface work even the cheap ones?
    For exsample M-Audio MIDI Sport 2x2.
  • e-licktronic wrote:All this is with a midi-connection, am I right?
    Yes.
    e-licktronic wrote:Here is the next challenge is I do not have a midi interface. Will any interface work even the cheap ones?
    For exsample M-Audio MIDI Sport 2x2.
    Normally yes.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hello e-lictronic,
    I have uploaded the firmware. Question: while uploading do the leds only blink up to S8 and when finnished all leds (S1 till S16) blink twice? If yes all went well. Does it matter in which position the Mode Selector is?
    But after a couple of minutes playing with my Yocto I get the same problems again. And in pattern mode when pushing S7 it goes direct to S8. S6 and S9 do not have this problem.

I really hope you can help solve this problem.
  • Shiva Niet wrote:while uploading do the leds only blink up to S8 and when finnished all leds (S1 till S16) blink twice?
    Yes it's right .

Try to upload firmware again and test all Yocto function because it's very strange that everything worked fine then stop working. Did you check all solders ? i think you've got a short cut somewhere around S8.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • okay, the uploading (again) went well. But still the problem. Not in the beginning, but after a while. I will time it today.

All step buttons S1 up to S16 have the same value when testing with my multimeter. S17 and S18 do not have the same values. I de-soldered S8 and S18 both have same value. I will send my drawing tonight.

Sometimes in Mute mode S8 flickers before muting/un-muting.

Just running a pattern and pushing Shift gives a total mute.

All the solders look fine. Here are the bridges I have found: R129+424, C36*+C43*, D7*+D8*, C137+R?(BrownGreenOrangeGold) and C73+R215 (D52+C39 have no solder bridge. I really do my best when soldering.)

OH, CY, CP/MA and Trig-2 look like they have been very warm. I will send picture tonight.

Can I have one of the ICs overheated when soldering?
  • DUH? Now you can shoot me!
    I turned the Yocto on and made a coffee and took a sigaret. I began playing after +/- 15 minutes.
    Everything in Pattern, Pt edit, Mute mode and using Shift works(?). Last half hour (or longer) I have been playing and making patterns. Pattern 1 and using different banks. Mute mode playing with S7 and S8. Up till now no problems.
    I will be testing more today.