PCB Connectors

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear 8Bit,

There is 5.5mm between +15v, -15v and GND pad but you can use connector with 5.08mm pitch. this is what we use on the fisrt prototype. then there is 7mm between +15v and +5v pad.
    Have a look on what made an other diyer.
    Image Image

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thanks very much e-lectronic

I'll use a 5-pin and 2-pin Molex then. I can't quite see what was done with the 2 pins on the 5v; i guess one is not connected

Regards.
  • [img]file://I:/Docs/Hardware/808-Yocto/IMG_3267.jpg[/img]

FYI - a 10 pin 0.1" Molex can be jammed in if you remove the right pins - this allows you to have a single connector for the power to the mainboard.
  • If you want asymmetric spacing you can remove the unnecessary pins from the connectors as it is very easy and there are also companies like Samtec who do customization but for small scale it is not a good idea as it is very costly.
  • So basically i could make the power/out to main connection with 2x10 pin and 3x4 pin 2,54mm molex (x2 if i want both sides to connect)?
    Is it easy to remove the pins from the pcb-side connector in order to connect just the 4 needed pins out of 10 for the power?
  • Usually you can get just the contact housing, then crimp connectors that you just stuff where necessary. They latch in place so it all sits nice and snug.
  • I've made the power connection with 10 pin 0.1" connector. It could be done with 8 pins though. Remove the unneeded pins as said before.