Snare snappy not working

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Hi,

Recheck all the soldering in the snare section, especially around VR9 the Snappy pot. Also check around R127 in the Noise section.
  • Weirdly no continuity between C69 and R205, bridged it and snappy now works but the pitch pot now works in reverse but still works??
  • That's even more weird, setting the pitch pot fully clockwise you should hear the high tone..
  • Yes it was like that before the "fix".
  • Dear Husk,

Why there isn't continuity between C69 and R205 ? Is the PCB broken ?
    Do you have a scope to check trig signal on the noise section ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Yes trigger signal was there on the scope, it was a pcb fault, also there was another error in the rimshot with no continuity between c122 and r325 and q63 causing the rimshot to be quiet, again bridged and fixed the issue. No big deal in the end and very happy with the resulting sound.
  • Dear Husk,

Could you post a picture of PCB faulty wire ? because we need to advise our PCB manufacturer about this error.
    To solve Snare problem, track with your scope the trig signal from VR9 Pin3, then Q47 base (VR9 Full CCW), then R184-D54 point, then Q49 base.
    Could you post a picture of your result ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • I also get a similar issue. No snappy noise.
    I did not notice any discontinuity in the PCB. The capacitors seems ok. Noise signal arrives at C56.
    Here is what I observe with the snare triggered on every beat, snappy pot set to maximum.
    - Channel 1 in blue is R185-D54 junction (1V)
    - Channel 2 in red is R203-Q49 junction (1V)
    Are those signals correct? Do you have any proposal to locate and fix the issue?
  • I had a somewhat similar problem recently (OH decay did not work) and I traced it to the connections at the pot. Reflow/check the pot?