Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • pm sent as well..
  • PM sent! Definitely interested!
  • PM sent!
  • Can't send a PM :-(
  • Please register me for one. I'm not fussy about the AC power arrangements. PM sent with details.
  • Hi guys, I'm back from holidays and it seems I got a lot of PMs. :lol:

Here's the list of people that sent me one :

fredp
    8bit
    rv0 (2 cases)
    quadram
    JakeE
    fakulo
    juicyboy
    discodisco
    keen (2 cases)
    kroutshev
    Belbo
    DeepVibes
    gajimicu (2 cases without print)
    heineaa
    bramsluiter

There is one person who's still deciding so for now this means all 19 cases are spoken for.

Here's some info regarding using the switch with the 15VAC input : if you haven't soldered the connector yet, the tab on the rear can be bent upwards, from which you can run a wire to one of the legs of the switch, and then run another wire back to the hole in the PCB where the pin was supposed to go. This will however compromise the sturdiness of the 15VAC socket, since it's only attached with 2 instead of 3 legs.

Could the people who haven't sent me their address and email yet please do so. I will also contact some of you to clarify some things in the days to come.
  • @ElSchtroumpf Where abouts is the switch, if its just above the power input would something like this work, so the socket stays more secure http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/rocker-switches/7347365P/
  • Here's the final design for the print job guys :

It took a lot of work but I'm pretty pleased with the result. For the most part it's a copy of the original 808 design, based on lfo2vco's work. The big differences from my first design - I changed all the white to either grey or bright yellow and changed the fonts for the instrument boxes and descriptions of the connections. All the red stuff is the cutout info.

Here's a quick render of the back :

As you can see, looking from behind, there's a cutout for the C14 at the left below the main out, and a cutout for the switch above the hole for the AC connector. Let me know what you think!

Also, all 19 enclosures are now ordered.

@JakeE, making a cutout for that kind of connector+switch would not leave the option for a separate switch to be used with an internal power supply. But I think that if you solder the connector as close to the pcb as possible, it should be fine, even with just 2 legs.