Accent - Inverted 4011 Power Supply

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Dear lfo2vco,

Maybe you swap +15v pad with -15v pad on mainboard.
    If not could you post a HQ picture of your built.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Thanks Vincent,

I have downloaded the schematics and will give the boards another check over; if I do not spot anything I’ll post some pictures as suggested.

One thing I noticed whilst assembling the power supply is that the orientation of some Electrolytic Caps on the main board silkscreen differ from those in your instructional photos. Is the board in the photo a prototype or should ignore the silkscreen and follow your photos?
  • OK Vincent,

The pictures can be downloaded from here: https://www.hightail.com/download/elNKU ... d2RvSWNUQw

Hope these are clear enough ;)
  • Dear lfo2vco,

Check that you have a continuity between R151 and IC6 Pin 9 with your DDM and between Pad GND and IC6 pin 1
    Measure Accent power supply between Pad GND and IC6 Pin 9.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • OK the results of the checks that you requested are:

Yes for Continuity between R151 & IC6 Pin 9
    Yes for Continuity between Pad GND & Pin 1
    Voltage between Pad GND & IC6 Pin 9 is +14.61V
  • Dear lfo2vco,

If you get +14.61v between GND pad and IC6 pin 9 and you get a continuity between GND pad and IC6 Pin1, you should find some result between IC6 pin 9 and pin 1.
    Is it ?

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • There is No continuity between IC6 pin 9 & pin 1.
    I checked the power between IC6 pin 1 & the GND pad and it was 0V.
  • Do not test continuity between IC6 pin9 and pin1 but voltage.
    Normally you will find +14.61v like between GND pad and IC6 pin 9

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Absolutely it is correct…

I have just re-checked the voltages and they are all completely correct! I have a horrible feeling I was looking at the instruction sheet upside down on my work table :oops: when I checked the voltages first time (what an idiot). I can’t believe that; absolutely no excuse, really sorry for wasting your time on a Sunday.

Many thanks for your patience, (I’ll now go and stand in the corner with a big pointy hat on).