Odd clap behavior

• Hi I really have the same strange thing. It seems that the clap has to first "load" its noise part. The first shot is dry and then comes the noise with the clap.
  • Exact same problem here.

https://youtu.be/WHeLB1BIsgM

It seems like some problem between Q69 transistor Q70, but I can't seem to isolate it. Probing the base of Q69 with my finger tightens up the noise tail, but I don't know what to do about it... :?
  • I have the same trouble, too.
    It was revealed that it took reverb by the first shot when I replaced the resistor of R348(1M) to 0 Ω.
    However, in the case of 0 Ω, attack becomes strong.
    I want to know the better solution.
  • TKYK,

I'm not sure I understand... if you replace the 1m resistor with 0, the reverb effect begins immediately on the first clap? I want to eliminate the reverb, would a 3m resistor do that, you think?
  • njosnari,

reverb is added first "load" when R348 register change value 1M to 0 Ω.
    However, attack of clap sound is emphasized and is not practical.
    I think that it is necessary to change a value of R342 or R370 when you want to eliminate the reverb.
  • Guys, this is the original behavior of the TR-808 clap !
  • I know that original tr-808 clap reverb does not work for only the first shot sound.
  • This is how it’s supposed to behave??? :oops:

Seriously??

On mine it doesn’t matter when it’s triggered, before or after the tail decay, once the reverb kicks in, it’s just there. It’ll go dry again after a pretty long cool down.
  • TKYK wrote:I know that original tr-808 clap reverb does not work for only the first shot sound.
    Right, I remember this too.