Tips on Yocto v2 assembly

• should be OK
  • cool, thanks.

no need to change it in the BOM then right? thought i'd help a little...
  • another noob one here:

C35 in the noise is supposed to be a 10/16 capacitor, or 'symbol' as it says in the ind part list.
    i can only find a 10/50 capcitor in my BOM (10 uf / 50 volts). I think they mean the same thing here, as the amount of 10/16's in the main parts list and 10/50's in the BOM is both 10.

Are those the 'same' parts? or at least intended for the same purpose?
    If yes, how come that difference in value doesnt matter? would love to understand why.

thanks anyway!
  • if cap has 10uF/minimum 16V and size fits - solder it! :-)
  • haha cool, thanks!
  • Hi everyone,

I am currently compiling all the parts for the PSU. I have a couple questions.

1) I'm trying to locate four 100nF Ceramic Capacitors from my parts purchase with Mouser. I have gone through all of my ceramic caps and can't seem to find them. I have also looked at the Mouser order, and can't seem to find them on the list as part of the package purchase. Is there another ceramic capacitor that replaces the 100nF, as per the instructions in the Yocto2 builders guide and as part of the Yocto2 parts list?

2) I'm trying to locate the 500mA Negative Voltage regulator. As part of the Mouser parts package, I can only find a 15V 1A Negative linear voltage regulator. Is this the one that replaces the 500mA voltage regulator?

Thank you,
    YN
  • hey mate, what are the partnumbers of the 4 capacitors? C???

i had 4 capacitors in my BOM that didnt have the value on the bag, could be the same issue...
  • Hi Tommy,

the only ones I have that are in a pack of four ceramic capacitors are 100v 22pF. I have no idea if those will work.

I'm quite confused when looking at the Yocto2 individual voice parts list, as there are lots of strange things in the list. I'm mainly confused about how the capacitors are listed, so if anyone has any tips on how to read this list, in relation to the parts ordered from the Mouser BOM that would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    YN
  • My main guide is the quantity number on the package, believe it or not. Makes it easier to deduct.