Nava 1.01 Clap issue

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • What issue are you experiencing exactly with the clap? What I can see from your picture is that C65 seems to be orientated wrong. (-) must show to the top, not to the left. ;) I placed a cap in the opposite way in one of my first builds and it exploded with a loud bang. The mantle flew against my upper arm causing a nice bruise. :oops: Since then I never had another cap with wrong orientation... :D
  • BTW: you should have better put sockets in for all those M5218L. Per build I have at least one to be swapped... Without a proper desoldering tool this is very(!) tricky!
  • If those M5218L's are bad, here's where new ones can be acquired. https://www.banzaimusic.com/M5218L.html
  • metronome wrote:If those M5218L's are bad, here's where new ones can be acquired. https://www.banzaimusic.com/M5218L.html
    I ordered 20 pcs from Banzai more than two months ago. One month ago I asked them about my order. They told me that they received a delivery with a lot of fake parts and need to handle this case with their supplier first. Four weeks later still no ICs in sight... :?
  • My issue is that I'm not getting a clap sound - I'll check the cap.
    I tried socketing a few of those, but the sockets weren't tight enough - these need to be gig-able, and I don't want anyone showing up to a gig with ICs rattling around in their case.
  • AbeLovesSynths wrote:My issue is that I'm not getting a clap sound - I'll check the cap.
    I tried socketing a few of those, but the sockets weren't tight enough - these need to be gig-able, and I don't want anyone showing up to a gig with ICs rattling around in their case.
    One trick someone mentioned on the forum is to tin the IC legs just slightly. This way they fit snug in the sockets.
  • I have board 1.01, not 1.0l, and the cap in question is not the same orientation on this board.
    KlangGenerator wrote:What issue are you experiencing exactly with the clap? What I can see from your picture is that C65 seems to be orientated wrong. (-) must show to the top, not to the left. ;) I placed a cap in the opposite way in one of my first builds and it exploded with a loud bang. The mantle flew against my upper arm causing a nice bruise. :oops: Since then I never had another cap with wrong orientation... :D
  • AbeLovesSynths wrote:I have board 1.01, not 1.0l, and the cap in question is not the same orientation on this board.
    KlangGenerator wrote:What issue are you experiencing exactly with the clap? What I can see from your picture is that C65 seems to be orientated wrong. (-) must show to the top, not to the left. ;) I placed a cap in the opposite way in one of my first builds and it exploded with a loud bang. The mantle flew against my upper arm causing a nice bruise. :oops: Since then I never had another cap with wrong orientation... :D
    Ok, no offense. I was just comparing with the silk screen in the build guide.