The CV/gate outputs

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Salut, Diplo,
    Vu que la plupart des gens ont des soucis pour faire fonctionner leur nava sans modification, ça m'étonnerait qu'on trouve un casse-cou dans ton genre capable de faire ça!
  • When i finished my build, I hooked a scope to the CV/Gate outputs but it seems they can't be used as is, it would need an additional board with a multiplexer and something to adjust the tune. I didn't try to wire jacks cause the CV output is directly coming from the DAC, so even if it worked like that, it would need proper protection like a buffer and diodes. When I was experimenting with the CV output of my x0xb0x, I accidentally sent -15V into the CV out and fortunately there was a little 1N4148 that did its job perfectly by burning and protecting the other part of the circuit.
    Did you ask Vincent about that? I'll send him a mail to see how he planned this optionnal board.

(bon je sais j'aurai pu poster en français mais on est pas dans la bonne section ^^)
  • So, my nava run with mods. But it took patience and perseverance. (I'm in the process of drilling my happyM case) :mrgreen:
    On the other hand i asked the question about CV / gate outputs, because i also notice that the keypads, there are silkscreened the notes C, C #, D, D and all others. Not seeing anything about it in the assembly manual, hence my questioning.
    Would there be an additional PCB later planned? Where at least a schematic? Something?
    Where does this interest me and everyone does not care? :roll:
  • Nice, which mods? I only did the 2nd noise source and the +5v to +12V Trig I explained in the mod section. Maybe I'll add tune to the hi hats, can be cool!

The external instrument feature works with MIDI already, but I don't really like how to program melodies and also the fixed length gate, so i don't know if I'll add the CV/Gate output when (if?) it's available. Also maybe because I already have a Beatstep and my x0xb0x to sequence my modular :D
  • Off topic:
    BD: tune extend, decay extend, pitch mod, drive mod, fuzz FX, noise fuzz FX.
    Lt: 2nd fuzz FX, noise fuzz FX.
    Rimshot: pitch1, pitch2 and pitch3.
    Clap: reverb extend, Hi pass noise filter, time mod, noise increase. (+2nd noise source by altitude)

Everything works andiI can always have the original sound. :twisted:

Still nobody for CV / gate outputs?
  • I put a sticker TR909 because i do not know what nava means (only the word within in Kurdish), but at home it is a brand of motorcycle helmet:
  • Dr.Knob wrote:Hi, on the printed circuit there are CV/gate outputs silkscreened. I have not yet tried to wire CV/gate sockets, anyone tried it is what it works :?:
    Dr.Knob,

CV/Gate are not implanted yet in the firmware.
    Notes names are used in the Keyboard mode.
    Any suggestion on how you want to use this CV/Gate out are welcome ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic