IC CD4011BE from tayda not Unbuffered (CD4011UBE)

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • The same situation for me, somewhere between "fun" and "ridiculous" now, when the second china seller send me CD4011BE instead of CD4011UBE... So i have 33 *BE chips now (lol), first 3 was in tayda order, then ordered 20.. ..and then another 10... More than 2 months passed while waiting the packages to arrive... and still waiting for next, and i hope the last, iteration of *UBE chips orders to arrive. Although, even when im intentionally not very fast with the build, at this moment i would say, 90% is finished, so only sequencer is left.
    I was thinking that if i would assemble it faster than *UBE chips will arrive, i will simply try to change time constants in generator circuit by changing R493, R442, R440 resistors to achive needed samplerate. But the "build motivation" fallen down a bit when i received the second iteration order with the wrong IC's.
    Now i think that the best solution is to simply plug the appropriate IC there.
  • This is an explaination by trevor with the 9090
    The clock circuits in the crash, ride and hi-hat circuits each require a 4011 quad NAND IC, and this IC must be an un-buffered
    type for the oscillator to work correctly. That is, the part number must contain 4011U. Typical part numbers may therefore be 4011UB, 4011UBE and so on. A buffered
    type i.e. 4011B, etc. is not suitable.
    You can put the 4011BE instead of 4011UBE in my case only the ride seem no good , but i will changed the 3 IC of course when i will recieved it.

Thii iy my ride