High Tom distorted [FIXED]

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • This still isn't fixed. Could be the firmware but I can't update the new firmware updates. Stuck on v0.18.
  • I've managed to upload the latest firmware (a long story). This has not fixed the issue I'm having with the high tom. The volume of the tom is exceptionally high and distorted. I'll try and post a sound clip later. Any suggestions and offers of help as to what might be causing this are very welcome. I have a Nava working perfectly except for this one problem.
  • Just a wrong Resitor some where.

Should be somewhere in the end i guess, start checking at the Tom output and work you way backwards
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I've done a check before but I guess there's no harm at n double checking.
  • Reggiechacha wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I've done a check before but I guess there's no harm at n double checking.
    I believe it's just a bad contact somewhere in the High Tom. Reheat and apply a tiny bit of solder to all(!) joints...
  • Thanks. It was indeed a cold/bad solder joint on a transistor. Glad to say it's fixed. Thanks!!