Yocto Clap transients ?

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Hi,

For the clap, it looks like there's "too much reverb", you can try turning TM3 in the clap section of the circuit, I generally do it by ear. For the kick, in the video it sounds normal to me, unfortunately there's no trimmer in the kick section, so tune/decay modifications are done by swapping resistors with other values or potentiometers.

Hope it helps!
    Best
  • Thank you for your input. The builder has been very responsive, I will get him to look at it. I felt the hats sounded different to the demo on sound cloud and other Yoctos and 808 s too, don't seem to have that detuned ringing sound, almost more 606ish.

Don't you think the decay time on the kick is a bit short ? Others seem to boom for longer and at a slightly lower frequency ? Obviously I know a compressor with long release would help this, but again the demo and YouTube posts seem to show longer decay and slightly lower note.

Obviously every machine will sound different , but on the whole most of the Yoctos I have heard sound like the official demo on sound loud of each drum.

The tom, congos,clava and rims all sound pretty much identical , I wondered whether the issues I had heard were something to do with a shared generator, noise or something ?

I hope I'm not being a pedant , but I think the differences , especially on the clap are relatively obvious ?
  • BastienL wrote:Hi,

For the clap, it looks like there's "too much reverb", you can try turning TM3 in the clap section of the circuit, I generally do it by ear. For the kick, in the video it sounds normal to me, unfortunately there's no trimmer in the kick section, so tune/decay modifications are done by swapping resistors with other values or potentiometers.

Hope it helps!
    Best
    It did help, just needed to trim back on the clap and the noise circuit, retuned the cowbell to my liking while I was at it.

Transients are back! My kick doesn't seem to decay as long as others on max, on the bright side it seems to punch a little harder :)

All good in th.e hood :)