Sequencer Switch LED not constantly working [SOLVED]

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Check Cable connection or may be replace it.
  • You might also want to check your solder joints. I had some switch leds that did not come on at all. My multimeter said everything was connected; I only saw the fault when hooking up a scope. I fixed my LEDs by reflowing the solder joints.

You could try reflowing all the solder joints on the path from the shift register to your malfunctioning LEDs. There are just five: one shift register pin, both legs of the 220 Ohm resistor, both legs of the LED. Be careful with the 220 Ohm resistors in between the switches. If you touch the plastic of the switches with your soldering iron it will melt.
  • jvq wrote:You might also want to check your solder joints. I had some switch leds that did not come on at all. My multimeter said everything was connected; I only saw the fault when hooking up a scope. I fixed my LEDs by reflowing the solder joints.

You could try reflowing all the solder joints on the path from the shift register to your malfunctioning LEDs. There are just five: one shift register pin, both legs of the 220 Ohm resistor, both legs of the LED. Be careful with the 220 Ohm resistors in between the switches. If you touch the plastic of the switches with your soldering iron it will melt.
    Thanks a lot! Reflowing just the LED connections did not work but doing the resistor and shift register seems to have solved it now.

:D