Build log with photos & build guide addendum

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • Hi d-wreck, even though I've already completed my build 2 weeks ago, I wanted to say what a good thing you did here, taking the time to be organized and helping others along the way. I hope your kindness rubs off on every one you reach, the world needs more kindness and caring.

Danny S.
  • Thanks and good luck troubleshooting your board. I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up in the same sort of trouble.

All the builders-for-hire out there stand to make a tidy profit from people who built Navas that don't work. There's no way I'm building a second one of these myself if I fail!
  • i just had a quick look at your journey but it looks great, will take a closer look soon... and a novice totally can built a nava, several here did
  • Wow that build log looks nice!! Good job! I feel ashamed to not have used flux cleaner now haha.
    I think putting sockets everywhere is the best idea you had. I totally regretted not doing that when I had to switch BA6110 (2 times!!).
    Data Jam wrote:and a novice totally can built a nava, several here did
    guilty :mrgreen:
  • beeb wrote:I feel ashamed to not have used flux cleaner now haha.
    It's not too late! I cleaned a test board that I finished weeks before I discovered flux cleaner and it worked beautifully. Careful with your pots, though, as I'm not sure what flux cleaner does when it gets inside 'em.
    Data Jam wrote:and a novice totally can built a nava, several here did
    Build, sure! Troubleshoot, not so much. If I end up with a show-stopping problem and can't find the root cause (as we've seen in other threads here) I'm prepared to throw it out the window and go back to using 909 samples. ;)
    Last edited by d-wreck on Feb 25th, '17, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
  • Hey d-wreck!

Just realized that you mixed up the polarity of C15 capacitor in the Bass Drum... ;)
  • KlangGenerator wrote:Just realized that you mixed up the polarity of C15 capacitor in the Bass Drum... ;)
    :oops: thanks. Boy do I hate desoldering things...

Note to self: check all polarized components before powering up the board.
  • Posted a whole whack of updates in the build guide addendum, including the latest snare drum fixes.
    Last edited by d-wreck on Feb 25th, '17, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
  • Good work man ;)