Bass Drum Tone not working

• Your pot is probably fine. First check diode and transistor orientation. Then look at the schematic and trace it backwards. But I'm guessing you will find a diode backwards.
  • Acetate wrote:Your pot is probably fine. First check diode and transistor orientation. Then look at the schematic and trace it backwards. But I'm guessing you will find a diode backwards.
    acetate - thanks for the suggestions, I double checked diodes and cap orientation, everything looks good. I reflowed pretty much everything in the circuit. I checked continuity from all points of vr5 and all check out, Could it be the 4558? What else can I check?
  • Hey Virtualcrimes,

did you get a solution for this? Curious to know :)
  • Not yet, waiting for a replacement pot to come and after that debating swapping the 4558. I have triple checked all component orientations so it's not that, I also should add the decay is a little weird and when two notes are close to each other it sounds like the second one is much louder than the first.

Update - I replaced the 4558 and the 10k pot, Still same issue, Could this be an issue with the accent? The tone pot is affecting the sound just a little bit, What other components can I check? I dont want to move forward without solving this issue first :?
  • Still struggling with this issue, Please check video and recording- I noticed the 4051 was very hot, ended replacing that chip and is fine now, Seems like the accent doesnt work nor am i getting the kick click punch. How can i test the accent circuit from start to end and ensure everything is working? Already checked my power rails, am getting +/- 15 and 5v but are there any particular areas I can check for the power to make sure it is reaching its way across the board? Link to video -
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gw3rD ... Bouru31wx-
  • Hi, same problem here.

I've tested the accent on mine by hard routing the snare accent to the BD accent destination resistor (as on the schematics) and wasn't successful either. I've swapped the transistors with others from working instruments (PC-2) with no success. Maybe it's a trace cut but I couldn't find it when I tested continuity.

Does your kick sound quiet in comparaison to the snare or other instruments? Missing the click.

My thread :
    viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1534
    Last edited by HiHamGautier on Dec 20th, '17, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.
  • My snare accent doesnt work either, The kick is a bit more quiet than the snare but It could be that the high end click is not in there..
    I tested a bad diode and cap in the bd circuit, will update after I replace.
  • Thanks to your input I found a bad diode in the kick circuit. Now everything works!