syntaur potentiometer sets

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • serum114 wrote:https://syntaur.com/Items.asp?Item=KIT808

here you can buy pot sets for the 808 with the original style knob caps. does anyone know if the yocto pot values for accent, volume, tone, tune are the direct value as the 808 for each instrument?
    The voice circuits in the Yocto are 1:1 clones of the original TR-808 circuits, so these pots will be the correct value for this application. The remaining question is, will the pots fit on the Yocto PCB? Syntaur does not provide a lot of detail on this...
  • I priced it up with poastage to the uk.. It wont be happening..
  • just an aside...though there might not be much info on the site, Syntaur is knowledgeable (and super chill, Texas-style) on the phone.

I ordered some replacement Drumtraks/SP-12 buttons from them (technically, the numbered buttons from Oberheim DX/DMX -- you can just paint them black -- Syntaur is about the only place you can find them -- tip!), and they called me up the next day to make sure buttons with different numbers would be OK.
  • Hello,

Like you I needed to change all pots on my Yocto V1.
    I decided to order a full kit of 808 pots from Sound&parts.
    Once arrived, I was disappointed because they are 16mm potentiometers instead of 12mm (I already doubt about it before order)

Okay I've got a good drum machine with faulty pots and some pots which don't fit, but I've got a CNC ;)
    This is what I did:

Now my Yocto has the best pots I can find!

Best regards
    Bruno