Nava Crashing

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • Dear beliefsystemrecords,

Are you sure you Nava crashed or is waiting for a MIDI clock signal.
    Try to send a start message when you are in slave Mode.

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Hello!

yes its crashing. its not a clock issue (i also have a yocto on the same clock source and the yocto works flawlessly) but maybe a midi issue on the nava. it crashes in the middle of a sequence or just after turning it on or while pushing whatever button. i can fix it temporarily while initialising the eprom but usually it only works for a couple minutes afterwards. i managed to update the firmware today but it didn't fix the freezing.

Also 2 other issues that are maybe connected: I cannot trigger the Nava with midi, and nava does not accept a sysex dump anymore ( i tried to downgrade the os to see if maybe a previous version could work better). So if it cant receive any midi then its probably also not getting any clock.. but this still does not explain the freezing behaviour.. ahh damn my nava is probably really fucked :/

Cheers

D.
  • This problem is in version 1.23?
    beliefsystemrecords wrote:Hello!

yes its crashing. its not a clock issue (i also have a yocto on the same clock source and the yocto works flawlessly) but maybe a midi issue on the nava. it crashes in the middle of a sequence or just after turning it on or while pushing whatever button. i can fix it temporarily while initialising the eprom but usually it only works for a couple minutes afterwards. i managed to update the firmware today but it didn't fix the freezing.

Also 2 other issues that are maybe connected: I cannot trigger the Nava with midi, and nava does not accept a sysex dump anymore ( i tried to downgrade the os to see if maybe a previous version could work better). So if it cant receive any midi then its probably also not getting any clock.. but this still does not explain the freezing behaviour.. ahh damn my nava is probably really fucked :/

Cheers

D.
  • i should probably posted this in the hardware section. i no longer thinks its a software issue. happens with 1.23 and 1.22. Now I'm at the point where the nava doe snot seem to accept any midi /sysex anymore.. so i can't downgrade to 1.20 or to test if this would make a difference.