Official Nava BUGS list

Discuss use it and firmware update
  • decoder303 wrote:don't know if already mentioned.. try the following:

global accent on steps 1, 5, 9, 13
    open hihats with long decay on steps 3, 7, 11, 15

listen what happens. one of the most annoying bugs.

another bug: programming a pattern and saving it makes the sequencer to stumble the moment the enter key is pressed..
    Issue solved in the v1.021 ;)

Best regards,
    e-licktronic
    Best regards,
    e-licktronic
  • Problems in some types of sequences using the HIHat (CH) seems that sometimes sounds as if the accent was stronger or a problem of syncro ---

Vic

• Oh... Now i hear it.
    My NAVA makes also a bad CHH on update 1.022. It is like an accent signal with random on funktion.

But if i take step 5, 11 and 15, it comes only on step 11.

If i activate all steps, i is normaly constant.

After initializing eprom i activate 5, 11 and 15 on CHH again. Now it is every time on step 11 a stronger signal.

1, 7, 11 there is 7 stronger
    3, 9, 15 there is 9 stronger
    When i activate every 2nd step, it feels clean.
    When i take every 4th, also clean... I don't know how this bug work...

After initializing i haven't saved the patterns and I run in slave mode.

Edit:
    This Is fixed with:
    viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1233&p=7905#p7905
  • when i Mute the close hat open hat is mute as well , this is bug or the tr 909 have the same mute function? 8-)
  • BedroomMusic wrote:when i Mute the close hat open hat is mute as well , this is bug or the tr 909 have the same mute function? 8-)
    Afaik the tr 909 doesn't have a mute function in the sequencer. The only way was using the volume pot to mute instruments and the hi hats share the same pot. Have a look at how Jeff Mills is playing the 909 :o :
  • I've noticed a few bugs:

- in tap mode, you can't change the shuffle setting. The display shows the current shuffle value, but the enconder is changing the bpm.
    - in tap mode, the second hi tom velocity is very low (after recording, velocity is correct though).

And PLEASE update the code on the github page, so we can make our own small adjustments and improvements!
    I'm planning to borrow a real 909, measure the velocity dac voltages and improve the velovity mapping in the nava code.
  • +1 For updating the code on github.
  • zabox wrote: And PLEASE update the code on the github page, so we can make our own small adjustments and improvements!
    I'm planning to borrow a real 909, measure the velocity dac voltages and improve the velovity mapping in the nava code.
    As you say "code": is it open source, free?
    F.
  • Hey Vincent!
    Any progress on bug fixes or feature requests being implemented?
    F.