Testing M5218L opamps

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • different data sheets different pinouts, so no you cannot test it like that.

What you wanna test it for anyway, usually opamps are pretty rugget, just put them in and check the supply voltages if they are stable it should work, every other test would imply some basic knowledge of electronics.

What i did with those, put them all in, when broken, simply put a new one in, dont bother testing, not worth the time, since those are cent prizes.
    For instance i did put some of those in the wrong way, due to lack of concentration, those were killed when I put voltage to it, you could also smell it :) OpAmp broken, rest of circuit still working.
  • I know the pinout is different but they have the same pins (v+, v-, inverted input, non inverted input, output), except the mitsubishi one has two channels (2 sets of inputs and outputs).

Since they are both opamps, why can't I test them like described in the tutorial? My guess is that you would just need to adjust the resistors and the capacitor to have the LED blink correctly..?

I have some basic knowledge of electronics but not enough to devise which resistor and capacitor values to use.
  • I had 1 dead on my build but as above, I worried about it after it was fully assembled and tested by swapping them around to confirm which one was faulty.

Vincent has kindly sent a replacement out so don't worry too much. As long as you make sure they are the correct orientation and all components are correct with all voltages present and correct, I'm sure replacements will not be an issue.
  • Yest that's no problem, I swap them if they don't work on the board, but I wanted to test the ones I have in stock that are unsoldered (some of which I thought did not work but might actually still work) :)