Exploring other enclosure options.

Discuss Yocto construction and related issues
  • Great!

I agree with your statement on the acrylic case.
  • i have been looking for an enclosure similar to the Pactec PT10 of the x0x on Mouser but it doesn't exist. i finally found steel enclosure by Hammond :
    http://fr.mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta ... 1441-30BK3
    it should be delivered this afternoon, i will give a feedback then.

The advantage is that it is a bit like the MachineDrum enclosure, the drawback is that it is a bit wide and you need to drill holes for jacks :/
  • I'm really interested in a different enclosure...
    In my studio only mutable instruments can have the acrylic enclosures! :)

2 rv0 -> it's barn from synthforum ;)
  • I'm also not too keen on the acrilic case, I'm keen to get a laser cut enclosure, and I have a friend with a 3D printer who could knock me up some end cheeks...
  • so, i've received Yocto and Mouser packages and i can certify that this steel enclosure http://fr.mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta ... 1441-30BK3 is just PERFECT for the job. the height of the Yocto PCB perfectly fits with the edges of the enclosure (a gap of 2mm between enclosure and PCB edges).
    using extra slim transformer, you can include the power transformer inside the unit too.
    some pics next week
  • julienvoirin wrote:so, i've received Yocto and Mouser packages and i can certify that this steel enclosure http://fr.mouser.com/Search/ProductDeta ... 1441-30BK3 is just PERFECT for the job. the height of the Yocto PCB perfectly fits with the edges of the enclosure (a gap of 2mm between enclosure and PCB edges).
    using extra slim transformer, you can include the power transformer inside the unit too.
    some pics next week

Great, really looking forward to the pics.
    What front panel are you using.?
    Get the latest unofficial Yocto V1 firmware here.
    Be sure to check the revised manual.
    Leave your comments in this thread.
  • Hello there, I m also interrested in building my Yocto with a metal enclosure, and why not walnut side.

Well, it appears that I can order an Hammond 1441 BK30 for quite cheap (30 euros / 35 dollars), but still have to make all the cutting/drilling .

Also , I have some connection in metal cutting, special enclosure etc ... (I m actually an artist who build stuff for other artist and last year Ive build this ( http://www.duselaupixel.fr/bertille-bak ... ie-cuffia/ )

Ok so as far as I can remember those enclosure were ordered quite simply, and for around 20/30 euros each. Those were made of steel with varnish, so they look quite rough (raw ?) but anyway I m almost sure that it can be asked with epoxy on it.

That's for the information, the thing I m not familiar with, is how to you build the cutting plan to send it to the factory ? Is there somewhere a place where I can find the EXACT front view of the yocto or better, a file with all the needed cutting ?

I m french so as you know we are poor english speaking for most of us, I apologize for this, but if I can help in any way for this project just let me know.
  • p0ulp wrote:
    That's for the information, the thing I m not familiar with, is how to you build the cutting plan to send it to the factory ? Is there somewhere a place where I can find the EXACT front view of the yocto or better, a file with all the needed cutting ?
    Hey p0ulp,

I think these are what you are looking for: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=144

That’s a nice installation that you designed. :D
  • team work ;), the electronic part was done by a freelance, and all credit goes to the artist, we are just the little hand !

I m looking forward with the factory, what do they need, how much would it cost, etc ... hope to come back with more news asap.

I think I m going to ask 2mm steel raw enclosure and same with Aluminium, with wood side it look easier for assembly, you can integrate bold in the wood , By the way I don't really know if other material would be fine, I do hate acrylic as it scratch so easily, ABS is maybe too complicated to realise for small series ... I ve seen Dibond is used sometime, I only use it to glue photographe ont it and never really tried to fold it ...

Any information would be interessting :).