Continuity between +15v , -15 and gnd on main board

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • as long as your supply cvoltages are correct, +-15 or 14 V and 5V or something near it, you do not have to worry, of course it can happen that something is broken and you draw a lot of current and something gets hot in the long run, but i would not say this is happening in your case, since your voltages are correct.

Now for the resistance measurment, you always have some resistance in the real world, since you do have a schematic you can always check if there is really a resistor in your range soldered in at some point maybe from +15 to GND, then of course you can measure that resistance, sometimes there are more then one soldered in different places in parallel, so that is why the resistance is even lower, ICs general have some high impedance inputs,so high resistance there.

To go into more detail you probably should study electroncis :)
  • Thanks,

Are there any 5v supply voltages present after the initial build of the bass drum section?

I am only getting +15v and -15 on the if IC sockets currently. Pin 1 and 4 of the ic if I remember correctly.

The build guide at the end of the bass drum section just states to check all voltages are correct before adding ic chips and move on but not sure if I should be seeing a 5v somewhere as well.

I'm just a tad worried about spending copious amount of hours soldering additional parts if I already have an issue that may be easier to diagnose with less components attached to the board.

Are there any other checks I can do to confirm the bass drum section is correct before I move on?

Many thanks

Demos
  • nope dont think the bd uses 5V, i think 5V are almost only used for te digital circuitry, like sequenecer and eeprom samples for the ride etc...

I guess you gotta go the hard way solder it all then hope it works, if it doesnt work use the forum and maybe some electric engineers nearby to tell you the truth about voltage and currents, that will help most certainly :)
  • Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I think its fine. now built snare circuit and both +15 and -15v present on all ic power points.

The guide advises to check all power points are correct before moving on. I didnt read this and was checking voltages on additional points so my mistake :oops:

All good so far