Sequencer build, Led resistors value

Discuss Nava construction and related issues
  • im going for the 1k2 tonight, so any last thoughts about that :)

I am sure some must have built that part before me, noone can just type a simple :
    I did build it with 1k2 or 220R....?
  • I added 1k2 and can't complain about the functionality... ;)
  • mex wrote:Cause my schematics does tell me 220, but the build says 1k2.
    What schematics are you referring to?
  • NAVA mainboard v1.0l by e-licktronic
    that is what it says on my eagle brd file

and in there it tells me allthe resistors are 220 ohm

Iguess the 1k2 are better, since not so bright and not so much current, but i simply wanted a majority vote on it sincei dont wanna solder it twice :)
  • E-lictronic would it be possible to have the LED / resistor connections? Also to put leds in different colors and adjust lighting. As a x0xb0x, but without schematic, not easy ... or if there is the schematic somewhere?
  • its pretty simple, each of the resistors 220ohm or 1k2 resistors, so called, forward led resistor, by me :) they do adjust the brightness of the led, the lower the resistor the brighter the led, the more current is drawn, you can of course use whatever led colour you want.

different colours have different forward voltages, so maybe they range from 1,8V to 2,5V from green to white to blue, the shorter the wavelength, the more voltage they need.

the only thing important is maximum current drawn by the led, normally 5mA to 10mA to 20mA somewhat inbetween there. And this current is calculated from the voltage drop across the chosen resistor.

now you have power loss in form of heat in that resistor calculated by: P = U*I, normaly i wouldnt wanna put over mayb 100mW in an resistor, it really melts if used out of range.

Have fun :)
  • Dr.Knob wrote:if there is the schematic somewhere?
    Schematic download links.

You can also find them if you hit Download on the Nava kit product page.
    Last edited by d-wreck on Feb 25th, '17, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
  • thanks. ;)
  • Here location of each leds:
    viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1152